Windows, Unix, Linux & Virtualization Monitoring Tools
The Heroix Longitude® Windows, Unix, Linux, VMware and Hyper-V monitoring solutions provide comprehensive out-of-the-box server monitoring for your Windows, Red Hat, SuSE, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, VMware and Hyper-V environments. Longitude proactively monitors key performance metrics to ensure that your servers are running optimally and alerts you when there is a problem. Longitude also provides pre-configured, on-demand reports and graphs of key performance metrics to help you proactively take action and ensure maximum availability.
Heroix Longitude supports:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012
- Red Hat Linux 9, AS 3.0, ES 3.0, AS 4.0, ES 4.0, EL 5.0
- SuSE Linux 8.2, 9, 10
- Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10
- HP-UX 11, 11i
- AIX 4.3.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1
- VMware 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5
- Hyper-V 2008 and 2012
Longitude goes beyond basic Windows network monitoring and can document SLA compliance, match IT performance to business requirements, help analyze developing trends, forecast server capacity needs, and more. In order to deliver Windows server monitoring, Unix server monitoring and Linux server monitoring that your end users demand you need to consider the following:
- Look for an application with a broad scope of operating system, application and network monitoring support directly out of the box.
- You need a view into the health of your systems, applications and networks from a real-time perspective in addition to trend and historical reporting. A convenient dashboard can present you with the information that you need, when and how you need it, and give you the ability to drill down to investigate problems and identify performance and capacity issues so they can be addressed before users are affected.
- Your server monitoring software should be able to present in-depth information in a concise, organized, graphical style. For example, you should be able to see a snapshot of an event that lets you zoom in for details including the severity of the event, the number of times it has occurred, the application involved, and the specific application component affected.
- Manufacturer recommended server monitoring thresholds are useful and necessary, but are too general to apply to every server. To stop false alarms you need to tune thresholds that trigger alerts and alarms to be sure they are meaningful in the context of each particular system, application or network. The right values may change over time. The easier it is to examine and modify these thresholds the better.
- To help you successfully deliver the performance and availability that your end-users demand, and adhere to required budget constraints, the most desirable solutions will have the functionality of higher end solutions, and the simplicity, ease of use and savings of lower end solutions.
- Windows & UNIX/Linux Rules List (PDF/406K)
- Monitoring Virtualized Environments (PDF/135K)
- VMware Monitoring & Reports (PDF/149K)
- Hyper-V Monitoring & Reports (PDF/109K)
Heroix Longitude is a proven, self-service applications, network performance, and virtualization monitoring solution. It delivers immediate, comprehensive performance information, at an affordable price, to solve multiple monitoring challenges in companies of all sizes. The agentless software is the fastest and easiest-to-use application and network monitoring software available. Longitude monitors hundreds of vital performance metrics, alerts you to problems, takes corrective actions, and creates reports for everyone, from executives to IT staff. There is no lengthy installation or learning curve; non-IT staff can purchase Longitude and be monitoring within 10 minutes.